Monday, September 3, 2007

Squid and Woowing?

Wooing is counter productive to my agreement with my son. How can the esteemed establishment that I have given so generously (well not really thus far) go against my wishes and encourage this natural rite of passage so early on in his formal education. What are they thinking? Do they not know these are Hyena's that they so knowingly talked of in their encouraging skit for all the young lads and lass's? Dismay! What are they doing to my son, I am gone for 12 hours and this is what has happened my horrors of the future. I am on my knees!

Seriously, we do have an agreement, you may look but don't touch for six months then cut from the herd in two years. But it is fun to see my son experimenting with the ways of engaging a young woman and showing no fear. I am proud and impressed. Did I just double speak, I think so.

We are in Boston, checking out the history of this great town. I am not terribly excited to do so but it is an experience that all Americans should have, I feel that knowing the foundation of our country is essential to understanding our present and not repeating our past. If more people understood what our forefathers founded and fought for it would turn our nation and we would continue to be a force to be reckoned with in the world. But I know from the Word that we will not be that force, we are going to be absorbed or impotent, so in a sense why get worked up about politics and its stupidity at all, because our Great God has the path of the United States of America drawn and plotted already. Our greatest goal is to become men and women of God who will withstand the attack of the enemy and continue to lead the captives to freedom through Christ Jesus our Lord, when taken individual by individual the world is a much kinder and peaceful place. But to see from a birds eye view (the network TV) what is happening everywhere all at once we might as well go hide in a bomb shelter, (one of these can be found for $319,000. in Milwaukie Or. I can represent you in your next purchase) and hide our heads and hope for the best.

Stepping down from that soap box I say that the airplane is the greatest invention to man, second to the car. Flying here maybe took all day but how it shrinks our world and makes it something that we all can explore and understand. I wonder why God felt the need to allow us this awesome adventure and ability. I guess ultimately it is to continue with the great commission.

Well with a semi worried heart over the squiddyness of my young son and the Wooing being taught to him and with excitement for tomorrow I leave you. Life is good and God still sits on His throne. As I was leaving Andy to go check out of the hotel, my heart was heavy and I could not stop crying but I asked the Lord to let me leave those feelings and find the joy in what was happening and as a precious giving father would, he did! Just ask and He will give!
Blessings

No comments: